Account Manager, Fund Accounting
Named one of the Top 20 Greatest Places to Work in the financial services industry, Opus Fund Services is an award winning global fund administrator seeking experienced, dynamic professionals to join our team.
We are an extremely fast-paced and energetic company, focused on our mission to be the best and most innovative firm in the industry. Our culture rewards smart, passionate people who thrive on excellence and creativity; individuals looking for a challenging, collaborative atmosphere will find their ambition well-rewarded at Opus.
Our global teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration and contribution at all levels. Be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create and to innovate. We have locations in Naperville, Halifax, San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Manila, and Bermuda.
The Fund Accounting team in Halifax, NS is recruiting a full-time Account Manager. The Account Manager reports to the VP of Fund Accounting and will be responsible for a variety of duties including, but not limited to, the below:
- Ensure that NAV and reporting deliverables are met accurately and on time for assigned clients
- Act as a primary point of contact for assigned client relationships
- Manage expectations both internally and with clients in relation to team deliverables
- Oversee the work production from a team of fund accountants overseas, providing support, guidance and assistance for them to complete their tasks
- Review NAV calculations as required, ensuring adherence to procedures and policies
- Prepare NAV calculations for complex funds as required
- Participate in initiatives to assist the team in achieving its goal of delivering to clients through a scalable and control-focused model
- Assist in the preparation or review of audited financial statements and the annual audits
- Help coach, support and train new employees on the global fund accounting processes
- 3+ years’ job experience in the fund administration industry
- 2+ years’ job experience in a client communications role
- Bachelor’s degree a strong plus
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Positive, outgoing, trainable, and adaptable personality
- Strong Excel skills and experience in other MS Office applications
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented mindset and proficient under pressure
- Excellent time and people management skills
- Competitive pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Full medical coverage and life insurance (including dental cover)
- Strong pension contributions
- Generous paid vacation and sick days
- Annual professional costs and tuition reimbursement
- Creative work environment. We have surrounded ourselves with intelligent and innovative talent; we’re committed to encouraging exceptional people.
Please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.