Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Founded in 2006, Opus is an award-winning, independently owned and operated full service global fund administrator.
We value building high performing groups with great work life balance. Our diverse team can be found across Bermuda, Canada, Ireland, Mauritius, Philippines and the USA and we are well adapted to working from home and embrace the remote lifestyle. We also retain office space in each location for hybrid work options and in-person collaborations.
We are always seeking experienced, dynamic professionals to join our team. Our culture rewards smart, passionate people who thrive on excellence and creativity. Individuals looking for a challenging, collaborative atmosphere will find their ambition well-rewarded.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Financial Reporting, you will support the financial reporting process. The role is an exciting opportunity to be heavily involved in processing financial statements and preparation for audits. This role can be performed from Ebene, Mauritius or Manila, Philippines. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and review of draft financial statements under US GAAP or IFRS for low, medium and high complexity funds
- Process and review client/auditor comments on financial statements
- Assist clients/auditors in addressing financial statements queries
- Coordinate and communicate with various departments within the company
- Additional ad-hoc tasks as required to support the various functional groups of the company
- Outside of prime audit season the role will encompass engaging with Opus’ global clients and their investors on items requiring their attention
A Little Bit About You
- You have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant business field such as in accounting or finance
- You have gained 2-3 years’ progressive experience in in preparation and review of financial statements for Funds (Hedge and Private Equity)
- You have experience with US GAAP. IFRS/FRS102
- You are a qualified accountant with an accredited accounting body
- You have a deep understanding of funds and the fund administration industry
- You are known for your excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- You have strong MS Excel and Word skills
- You have a positive and outgoing attitude
- You are trainable and have an adaptable personality
- You have a detail-oriented mindset
- You are proficient under pressure
We look forward to connecting with you! Apply now by submitting your application to email@example.com. (Accepted file formats are .pdf and .docx)