Senior VB.NET Developer
Named one of the Top 20 Greatest Places to Work in the financial services industry, Opus Fund Services is an award winning global fund administrator seeking experienced, dynamic professionals to join our team.
We are an extremely fast-paced and energetic company, focused on our mission to be the best and most innovative firm in the industry. Our culture rewards smart, passionate people who thrive on excellence and creativity; individuals looking for a challenging, collaborative atmosphere will find their ambition well-rewarded at Opus.
Our global teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration and contribution at all levels. Be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create and to innovate. We have locations in Naperville, Halifax, San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Manila, and Bermuda.
Opus Fund Services is looking for a Senior VB.NET Developer to join our team in Halifax. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a solid background in .NET development who likes to contribute new ideas and is willing to put in the work to build high quality applications.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
You have a passion for developing and maintaining new applications, features and systems in a dynamic, complex environment
A solid understanding of Agile Development techniques
You know how to operate and effectively contribute in a distributed, collaborative, fast paced Agile team
If you enjoy learning from a variety of team members, developing new ways to enhance existing processes, are driven by real-world applications and are looking for a great place to grow your career – we want to hear from you! We are looking for smart, driven and dedicated team members to join our team.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the design, development and implementation of technology solutions
- Work with project team in an Agile development approach to understand requirements, elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
- Participate in the entire SDLC and interface with Product Managers in delivering solutions and troubleshooting technical issues during integration, migration of software components
- Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems
- May participate in component and data architecture design as well as performance monitoring
- Ensure designs are compliant with Opus Fund Services policies
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2 years of experience in VB.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio, and SQL
- Strong database experience in SQL Server or MySQL
- Experience with Entity Framework (EF) is a plus
- Proficiency with other programming languages is a plus
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Motivated to write quality, testable and readable code
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Competitive pay
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental, vision, and long- and short-term disability insurances
- 401(k) with company match
- Creative work environment. We have surrounded ourselves with intelligent and innovative talent; we’re committed to encouraging exceptional people
Please submit your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org