Business Development (SALES)
Named one of the Top 20 Greatest Places to Work in the financial services industry, Opus Fund Services is an award winning global fund administrator seeking experienced, dynamic professionals to join our team.
We are an extremely fast-paced and energetic company, focused on our mission to be the best and most innovative firm in the industry. Our culture rewards smart, passionate people who thrive on excellence and creativity; individuals looking for a challenging, collaborative atmosphere will find their ambition well-rewarded at Opus.
Our global teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration and contribution at all levels. Be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create and to innovate. We have locations in Naperville, Portland, San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Manila, and Bermuda.
We have an outstanding career opportunity in our Business Development team, responsible for selling the firm’s Fund Administration services. This role is responsible for new client lead generation and for driving the sales process through signed contract, cultivating new clients and referral partners for hedge, private equity and marketplace lending fund managers, while increasing firm revenues.
- Develop new business for Opus Fund Services through lead generation, qualification, proposal development and managing sales process to successful closure.
- Build relationships with intermediaries and referral sources, identify develop strategic relationships with potential and inquiring customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and industry participants as part of the sales process and as part of marketing efforts to increase brand awareness.
- Generate a personal referral network in conjunction with guidance from Sales Management.
- Develop and presenting sound business conclusions from gathered information
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and their potential impact on Opus Fund Services.
- Attend industry meetings and conferences.
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams e.g. client solutions.
- Achieve weekly sales metrics including meetings, CRM updates and revenue goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or similar.
- Direct sales experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- 2-5+ years of hedge fund, financial services, operations, prime brokerage or marketing experience.
- Understanding of the Fund industry, including Hedge and Private Equity.
- Knowledge of financial products including, but not limited to – equities, options, fixed income, currencies, futures, derivatives, private equity and lending.
- Knowledge of fund structures and the overall fund industry.
- Should have a proven ability to demonstrate a solution and consultative based sale.
- Perform prospecting, referral building and relationship development for new accounts.
- Demonstrable communication, relationship, and team skills
- High level of comfort preparing and leading client presentations
- Significant degree of self-motivation, direction, and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to identify key contacts and generate new business through a business network.
- Self-motivated with self-confidence, patience and a strong desire to exceed expectations. Off the charts written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, positive attitude, independence, and adaptability.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in fast-paced, start-up, environment.
- Motivated and driven — a self-starter. You’re committed to growing professionally and staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and strategies.
- A master collaborator. You thrive when your part of a team.
- Expert problem-solver. You jump at the opportunity to take on challenges and come up with creative, innovative solutions.
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching, and benefits. We pay 70% of the cost of premiums for medical, dental, and vision coverage. We also offer disability programs, maternity/paternity leave, and life insurance.
- Training and development allowance. All employees are encouraged to spend 3-5% of their annual work hours engaged in professional development using the curriculum guide curated by our HR department.
- Creative work environment. We have surrounded ourselves with intelligent and innovative talent; we’re committed to encouraging exceptional people.
- Generous paid vacation and sick days.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
Please feel free to visit our website for more information http://www.opusfundservices.com/
Thank you for your interest in Opus Fund Services.