Opus Fund Services - New York, NY
$65,000 a year - Full-time, Commission
We are a fund administrator serving as the official books and records for hedge funds, fund of funds, family offices and other financial vehicles, providing a wide variety of middle and back office services including independent valuations.You will be applying for a position with an award-winning global hedge fund administrator that has been recognized as the fastest growing admin, top-rated by its clients, and ranked #1 by leading industry publications HFM and Global Custodian. We are an extremely fast-paced and energetic company which has been recently named one of the Top 20 Greatest Places to Work in the Financial Services Industry.
At Opus we don’t look for ordinary, run-of-the-mill applicants. We are looking for innovative and employees who want to work in a culture where smart and passionate people excel. The successful candidate will possess mental agility, a very engaging personality, and exceptional writing and speaking skills. At Opus we are committed to hiring and developing top talent. Our global teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration and contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We have locations in Naperville, Portland, San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Manila and Bermuda. All great places to see and explore.
We have an outstanding career opportunity in our Business Development team, working directly within the Hedge Fund industry. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing Fund Administration company. This role is responsible for new client lead generation and for driving the sales process through signed contract, cultivating new clients and referral partners for hedge, private equity and marketplace lending fund managers, while increasing firm revenues.
- Develop a strong pipeline of new customers through direct or indirect customer contact, and prospecting industry referral sources.
- Identify develop strategic relationships with potential and inquiring customers.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and industry participants as part of the sales process and as part of marketing efforts to increase brand awareness.
- Generate a personal referral network in conjunction with guidance from Sales Management.
- Attend industry meetings and conferences.
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams e.g. client solutions.
- Achieve weekly sales metrics including meetings, CRM updates and revenue goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or related Finance degree.
- 3-5 years of hedge fund, financial services, banking or applicable sales, marketing or operations experience.
- Knowledge of financial products including, but not limited to – public and private equities, fixed income, currencies, futures and derivatives (preferred).
- Knowledge of fund structures and the overall fund industry.
- Should have a proven ability to demonstrate a solution and consultative based sale.
- Perform prospecting, referral building and relationship development for new accounts.
- Have mastered all things Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to identify key contacts and generate new business through a business networks.
- Self-motivated with self-confidence, patience and a strong desire to exceed expectations. Off the charts written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small environment with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, positive attitude, independence and adaptability.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in fast-paced, start-up, environment.
- Motivated and driven — a self-starter. You’re committed to growing professionally and staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and strategies.
- A master collaborator. You thrive when you’re part of a team.
- Expert problem-solver. You jump at the opportunity to take on challenges and come up with creative, innovative solutions.
- Acute attention to details and getting things right.
- Organized, and consistently follow through with projects to completion.
We offer a base salary, a strong commission package, a full benefits plan and more. This is a dynamic, fast growing company that offers an employee friendly working environment.
*Visa Sponsorship or relocation will not be accepted for this role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year
hedge fund or financial services sales: 3 years