Fund Accountant (GAAP)
Opus Fund Services - Portland, OR
We are a fund administrator serving as the official books and records for hedge funds, fund of funds, family offices and other financial vehicles, providing a wide variety of middle and back office services including independent valuations.You will be applying for a position with an award-winning global hedge fund administrator that has been recognized as the fastest growing admin, top-rated by its clients, and ranked #1 by leading industry publications HFM and Global Custodian. We are an extremely fast-paced and energetic company which has been recently named one of the Top 20 Greatest Places to Work in the Financial Services Industry.
At Opus we don’t look for ordinary, run-of-the-mill applicants. We want people who have a mindset of innovation who are motivated to work in an culture where smart and passionate people excel. The successful candidate will possess mental agility, a very engaging personality, and exceptional writing and speaking skills. At Opus we are committed to hiring and developing top talent. Our global teams operate with a non-conventional philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration and contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We have locations in Naperville, Portland, San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Manila and Bermuda. All great places to see and explore.
We have an outstanding career opportunity in our Fund Accounting team in Portland,OR. This role is responsible to support the team in GAAP working with our Assistant Vice President of Fund Accounting to draft hedge fund financial statements and prepare working files in relation to GAAP services. This role is a ~5 month contract role.
Primary Objectives :
- Complete all assigned deliverables in a timely and accurately manner.
- Continually progress toward concrete understanding of fund accounting principles and reporting requirements.
- Effectively utilize time-management and organizational skills to ensure all tasks are completed by the assigned due date; clearly and pro-actively communicate capacity issues to manager.
- Follow established procedures and checklists to ensure a process- and control-driven environment.
- Communicate professionally within the Fund Accounting team and cross-department when escalating issues and requesting support.
- Produce end of year financial statements following GAAP.
- Communicate effectively with managers and team leads to understand fund requirements and complexities for assigned clients.
- Complete ad hoc projects as requested related to audit support and GAAP drafting services.
Compensation will be commensurate with experiencing.
*Visa Sponsorship or relocation will not be accepted for this role.
Job Type: Contract
- producing end of year financial statement: 1 year
- audit support: 1 year
GAAP rules and standards in financial reporting: 1 year